Preparing for Challenge Week

Oh, my.  It seems as though our activities are accelerating.  We have personal presentations and Challenge Week coming up next week.  I have just finished a six day week.  We have one day off and then the pressure is on.  I suppose, since we are officially at the training half way mark this is to be expected.  After learning the methodologies, it is time to put them into practice.  I have had seven school days with teacher missing three.  Made for a challenging time.  I have yet to be monitored by training staff while I do a lesson.  That is about to change.  I am preparing a mock lesson as if I were delivering to 5th grade.  However, next week staff will assess my delivery as I do the lesson with fellow trainees.  May I say that I am actually MORE nervous to present to my training group?

The next day three of us will host a Literacy Fair after school from 2:30 to 5:00 for students and their families.  We HOPE parents and other family members will attend.  The three of us have come up with some pretty nice ideas that will be fun AND we have a guest story teller scheduled to be there.  If you follow me on Facebook, you will see the answer to the mystery.  I won't speak more about that aspect until next week.  It is amazing to see what can be created out of nearly nothing.  We have no funding from Peace Corps or from the school to put on the Literacy Fair.


Toilet paper roll puppets.
 Timehri Primary 5th grade classroom.


Timehri Primary 5th grade pupils.

 Kaylee and Naomi preparing flyer.


When we are at our training site, staff has brought in some of the Volunteers who joined PC last year.  It is good to watch their presentations and to talk with them at lunch about what to expect at our permanent sites.  Today I was pleased to meet PC Volunteer, Whitney Lloyd who stayed with my host family last year!



Trivia:
(Did you know the term "student" is used when you refer to a child who is studying in a secondary school and the term "pupil" is used to a child who is studying in a primary school?)

That's all for now! 
 

Comments

  1. Hi Patti!!! I hope your trying is going well. I love the pictures. I did not know about the student vs. pupil. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bright Side vs. Dark Side