The adventure before the adventure....

April 16th, I left Maryland and headed to Arizona to say "adios" to friends.  I had such an amazing and heart warming time connecting with so many.  I truly felt as though I was walking my own version of "It's a Wonderful Life".  We never know just how much we have touched others and I am blessed to have such a great cheerleading group in the stands cheering me on! 

Life can certainly throw out curves.  With all of the confusion and chaos, I have ended up in Pensacola, FL with no ID.  I left it on the plane, yet a search by attendants resulted in nothing.  OH, NO!  Breathe..... It looks like disaster can be averted, but it has been another exercise in living in the moment.  I am enjoying my time with nearly 3 year old Grayson and 1 year old Gabriella. I am trying NOT to think about the next time I will see them and 6 year old Jake in Maryland.  I know they will change so much over the next 2 years! 

I have had an update as to what will be happening once I land in Guyana.  The group will be taken to a hotel near the airport where we will stay while the Peace Corps works with authorities regarding our long term visas.  Evidently, we will not have any phone or internet accessibility for 1 week.  I was given this address as a temporary address during this time. 

Patrece Ryan, GUY 26
U. S. Peace Corps Guyana
C/O United States Embassy
100 Young and Duke Streets, Kingston
Georgetown, Guyana
South America

Again, this is another short term address.  I think this is the reason for mail to arrive slowly!  It must be tricky tracking down people!  Once I know the host family, I will give another update.  We will go out to the host families the first week in May and for the next 10 weeks it will be our jobs to learn about the culture, country and our surroundings.  Our swearing in will be July 3, 2014.  I am looking forward to that day!

All for now!

Comments

  1. Very Excited for you Patty! Looking forward to following you on here. Safe Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, I want to be like you when I grow up. I am so proud of your positive outlook your adventurous attitude. I hope you have TOO much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bright Side vs. Dark Side