It's here...the month of my departure!  Things are coming together perfectly.  I have my last few visits with friends and family lined up in Arizona and Florida.  Of course, still getting in some quality time with family in Maryland!  Today, I went on a first grade field trip to the recycling plant.  Oh, but first we needed to experience a fire drill!  All good.....

I would be lying if I said I am feeling only excitement about the next stage of my life. It hit me last night that I will be experiencing loss again.  Of course, any time we make a decision to do anything, something is left behind.  In my case, not just a routine I have developed in Maryland, but my son and grandson.  It has been such a valuable time of my life to spend with them in their time of need.  I am grateful for the opportunity. 

As most of us know, moving is daunting at any age and for any reason.  I came from Arizona to Maryland two years ago with few possessions.  Over the course of two years, I have amassed more that I could have imagined.  The exercise of exorcizing....ahhhh.  I am nearly done with sorting (1) what goes back to AZ, (2) what goes to Guyana and (3) what gets donated.  That is a good feeling. 

I made my hotel reservation in Miami, FL along with many other new friends that will go on the Guyana adventure with me.  We will have an afternoon session on Monday, April 28th of what is expected. Tuesday, April 29th we will all board a bus headed for the airport.  We take off about 3:30 PM and will arrive in Guyana about 6 hours later. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bright Side vs. Dark Side