Happy Friday, everyone!  Week two of intense training is done.  We have a field trip to Georgetown tomorrow that I am looking forward to.  I only hope that the weather tomorrow is as good as it was today.  We had just a few drops of rain mid day and for the most part, temperature was moderate.  I am looking forward to going to the Peace Corps office, the seawall and market. 



Some time over the weekend I will need to get some more time on my phone card.  If you ever talk to me by phone and it suddenly drops, it may be because my minutes are out!  Sorry!  I will try to manage that better.  I only this evening found out how easy it is to get more minutes.  If you want to "hangout" with me on video chat, just let me know a good time to talk...it is free!

I am still figuring out the bus system.  I was dropped off this afternoon about a 1/2 mile farther down the road because I could not spot my landmark.  Thank goodness other trainees were getting off or I might have been meters down the road! My host family operates a DVD stand and don't you know the 10 year old spotted me going too far....provided a good laugh for them. 

I was told that a piece of mail came back to someone in the states.  I am checking on the address, but I was told that it is important for the mail to show my name, PCT and be sure that South America is on the envelope.  There are a lot of Georgetowns around the world!

Here is another link for general information.  Remember, I am a trainee right now and for the next few weeks.  I am not a volunteer until I swear in. I appreciate all of the support I have received from my friends and family.  I could not do this without you!

http://www.peacecorps.gov/resources/faf/staying/https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2454846638928173874#editor/target=post;postID=309587166474910689

This will give you some details about how to reach me; see me and more.
Have a good weekend!

Comments

  1. Patty! So glad for your blog and updates. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! I am amazed at you following your dream...can't wait to read more!
    Hugs,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening! Glad you are managing to get around! What kind of phone did u get? Hope it is behaving better than the last phone! Sunday is a good day to video chat before noon my time. What app do I need? Love you! Laurel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bright Side vs. Dark Side