I am settling into a little routine in my village and have no internet.  My blog entries are going to be perhaps monthly now.  It is a quiet little Seventh Day Adventist village and so transportation considerations are to be taken into account on weekends. 

Since I have been in my new home, I have been able to get a Zumba session started at a church about 1/2 hour bike ride away on Sunday mornings at 6AM!  It is a beautiful ride and I did surprise myself the first time as I could still give the class and ride back with ease! 
 The look out past my back yard.  I burn my trash just past the bridge.
The lovely view as I sit a neighbor's veranda.

For the last 2 weeks  I have conducted a Literacy Camp with some kids in the village. We had fun, but they exhausted me!  I think I will be glad to have one on one sessions once school resumes!  Here are the kids!
 Yes, I GLOW all the time! 
 Musical flash cards were a hit.
The last 1/2 hour each day we had journal entries.  Too young?  Draw a picture! 

Now, as August approaches, I wonder what will my routine be for 5 weeks?  I plan to get out EARLY each day for a walk/jog and meet the villagers. I am sure I will hear, "Miss Patty, Miss Patty" as I make my trek down to the cane field and back.  I will have at least one student to tutor 2 days a week for the purpose of getting his reading at grade level. 

Outside of that, I will dig into some novels and chill! 
Make the most of it folks!  I will do the same....

Comments

  1. Your surroundings are beautiful! You are making such a difference in those children. I am so proud of you! Thank you for the birthday phone call. It was so great to hear your voice!! Michele and the girls took me bowling. When we got home Melissa and Todd and his children were there. Melissa and Todd fixed Chicken Enchiladas. YUM
    Did you get my card?? Do you have a new address now? Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patty--Great news! Am still hoping you'll have time to snailmail me back. I'll write you again soon--so much to tell; am going crazy with love and uncertainty, hoping staying close to Programs will help... My new beau, Dave, have a swelling on the brain and they haven't diagnosed it yet--please keep him in your prayers. We had a wonderful time in CA last month, but now he's gotta get serious about medical care. Just hope there's a place for me in al this! Otherwise, friends coming from DC next week and lots to do in Greenfield. Going to a full moon ceremony in the Berkshires tonight with my Shaman friend, Rose. I hope you realize how much you are admired, loved, and appreciated and blessed! Have fun with Zumba and neighbors wit lovely fruit and patios...Have you made a papaya milkshake yet? Add nutmeg and cinnamon--my fav! Love and hugs, vic

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bright Side vs. Dark Side